SUPERBOWL SUNDAY SPECIAL!!!
Donna’s (Pretty Close to) World Famous Vegan Chili
Chili Never Tasted So Good!
- 16 oz. bag of dried beans, either 15 Bean Mix, or something close
- 2 cups of Black Beans (if they are not included in dried bean mix)
- 2 – 32 ozs. Of Trader Joe’s Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons organic ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey, or maple syrup
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 2 Fresh, chopped tomatoes or 2 cans TJ’s canned tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen sweet corn
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo Vegan Gluten-Free “Sausage” (TVP – Textured Vegetable Protein) *Shhhh, it’s our secret! NO one will know the difference…promise! *wink*!
- Himilayan Salt & Pepper to taste
Soak all dried beans in a big soup pot overnight, with about 2 quarts of purified water, or at least for 8 hrs. After soaking, drain. Pour 4 cups of TJ’s Vegetable Broth inot pot with the beans. In a separate pan, sauté onion, celery, carrot, pepper, basil & garlic in olive oil on medium heat for just a few minutes (not till soft).
Combine this with the rest of ingredients into the soup pot with the beans, add more vegetable broth as needed. Cook/simmer on low heat for about an hour to desired tenderness. Check the liquid level occasionally, when you stir your soup. Add more vegetable broth if necessary. Add salt & pepper to desired taste when finished.
Makes about 10 hearty servings. Great for your SuperBowl Party! Leftovers the next day are even better…!
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and soooo awesome!!! It’s been a HUGE hit at all of my parties & gatherings. Even though the “sausage” is vegan, I can promise you…no one will be the wiser! My son & Dad had no clue, when I served it to them. They both came back for seconds!
**If you don’t have time to soak the dry beans overnight, here’s the “Quicky Method”:
In a large saucepan, cover dried beans with triple their volume of cold water. Bring water to a boil, then lower heat & cook uncovered beans over moderate heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat & soak beans for 1 hour.
This smoothie will soothe and heal sore throats, colds, flu, and coughs. It is my secret weapon! As a mom, I know first hand how much we need our “super powers” to heal our families, right? Well, add this to your arsenal of healthy weapons! It’s packed with whole food vitamin sources, LIVE enzymes, and it will also cleanse, detoxify and boost the immune system. And when you’re feeling blue, it’s always a good idea to get plenty of rest! Here is the recipe. You will need:
- 8 oz. of pure water or coconut water
- 3 peeled, seeded oranges
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup watermelon
- 1 tablespoon of Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 scoops of Certified Organic Vegan Vanilla LOVE AND PEAS Protein Powder.
- Splash of pure, Organic Maple Syrup, Grade B (just a little!!! No more than a Tablespoon)
- Raw, org. unsulfured Coconut Flakes (omit if you don’t have them, or if you don’t like them)
Put all ingredients in a good quality, high-speed blender. If you don’t have watermelon, add more mango or pineapple.
After all ingredients are blended and smooth, you can add 1/2 cup of ice cubes, if you like a more frozen drink.
The Fruity-Tootie Smoothie is great anytime, not just when you’re feeling something coming on, like a cold. But it’s a very good way to fight germs and other BAD GUYS! Enjoy!